1. How do I obtain a certified copy of my child's birth certificate?

Each state has an agency that is responsible for vital records. Contact the agency for the state in which your child was born. Provided below are links to the White County Probate Office, Georgia Department of Vital Records and VitalChek. VitalChek is a fast and convenient way to order certified vital records online from all States.

White County Probate Court - (706) 865-4141 - You are able to obtain a certified copy of your child's birth certificate from the White County Probate Office if the child was born in the state of Georgia. Please call their office for hours and costs.

Georgia Department of Human Resources/Vital Records - (404) 679-4701


VitalChek - http://www.vitalchek.com/

(NOTE: VitalChek charges a small processing fee for use of this service.)

2. How do I obtain a copy of my child's social security card?

An application for a social security card will need to be completed and taken to the local Social Security Administration office along with other required documents.

Social Security Administration - (800) 772-1213


3. How do I obtain a Georgia Immunization Form and/or EED (Eye, Ear, & Dental) Form?

Contact your child's (Georgia) medical provider or visit the White County Health Department at 1241 North Helen Highway, Unit 210, Cleveland, GA 30528; (706) 865-2191. If you have completed forms from another state, you must visit the White County Health Department or another Georgia medical provider to have the information translated to the approved Georgia forms.

4. What documentation do I need to provide if I live with someone else?

Proof of residence in the name of the person with whom your family is living must be provided. The "Affidavit of Residency" will also be required located in documents to be downloaded.

5. What documentation do I need to provide for proof of residents if I moved in the last 30 days?

Contact your local utility company to obtain documentation that service is pending. Be sure that this documentation states the physical address of the residence.

6. Are cell phone or regular phone bills accepted as proof of residence?

Phone bills are not accepted as valid proof of residence. Electric or any other utility bill that includes the physical address of the residence is accepted.

7. How to I obtain a copy of my utility bill?

Contact your utility company or print a copy of your most recent e-bill. Listed below are the two utility companies for White County:

Georgia Power - (706) 865-2442 or (706) 865-2424

Habersham Electric - (800) 640-6812 or (706) 865-4362